Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bisquick's Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies



I have been using this recipe for about 10 years. I first discovered it in an old cookbook that featured recipes that used brand names. It intrigued me because it used very little ingredients but were absolutely delicious, moist and perfect every time I made them. They even make a great regular peanut butter cookie and I like to add Peanut Butter chips to them, you can even add semi sweet chocolate chips as well and do the criss cross shape on top of them.

PS: Don't let the thought of using Bisquick deter you. I was hesitant at first especially since the recipe also doesn't use eggs. But I am telling you, Bisquick is a gem in many baking recipes I use when you need something in a jiffy!

I even recommend you invest in their cookbook which you can get here at Barnes and Noble and even Amazon just search for Bisquick Cookbook!

HINT: It's really great to use a cookie scoop to make an even sized cookie each time!

Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4-1 cup Peanut Butter
2 cups Original Bisquick Mix
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Sugar to roll cookie balls in before baking
36 Hershey Kisses (Milk, Dark or Hugs)

Heat oven to 375ºF. Mix milk and peanut butter in large bowl until smooth. Stir in Bisquick and vanilla.

Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies just begin to brown lightly. Immediately press 1 milk chocolate candy into top of each cookie.

Go and make them. Trust me you'll love them!

Merry Christmas Eve,
Annamaria

35 comments:

  1. are these gluten free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how they can be gluten free, as Bisquick mix is not gluten free!

      Delete
    2. There is really is a gluten free Bisquick. But, right this recipe does not call for g free Bisquick mix :(

      Delete
  2. I thought these were supposed to be gluten free recipes but this one calls for the original Bisquik mix, which isn't GF. : {

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised it is not using the Gluten-free Bisquick that is know available. Why is this listed under gluten-free using regular Bisquick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not aware that Bisquick made a gluten free product.

      Delete
  4. Bisquick does now make a GF product, however it is a small box and I'm not happy that it contains sodium aluminum phosphate, (unless I don't understand this particular ingredient - I shy away from anything with aluminum since my mother in law passed away from Alzheimers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also buy other gluten free bisquick mixes that I bet would work the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made these cookies using gluten free Bisquick and the dough was all crumbly and difficult to shape into a ball so I added a couple of tbsp of low fat milk and it helped but when you put the kiss on them you have to be gentle as the cookies crumble easily. Not great!! Taste is just ok

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good read i have done today so far, I am delighted to came across it. I'll be back again to check out other posts as well.
    lactating cookies

    ReplyDelete